There is so much going on at this year’s Bacup Easter Festival that it deserves a programme so you know what, where and when things are happening. The Festival will be featuring the following. Check these out!
- Easter Saturday features the Grand Opening of Mrs Ibbitts 1917 Shop and Parlour at Bacup NAT. It will include ‘Owd Bacup Photograph Exhibition, Mrs Ibbitt’s Easter Bonnet Competition, Tombola, Raffle and Table Top Sale
- On Easter Saturday, Bacup Pride will be launched their brand new Flower Pot Festival. Pat Smith, a founder member of Bacup Pride suggests that you “Start getting your ideas together for our very own Bacup Flowerpot Festival! Lots of inspiration on the Settle Flowerpot Facebook Page, Anyone and everyone can join in, so let’s send Bacup potty this summer”
- Bacup market will be buzzing on Easter Saturday with lots of stalls and entertainment and will include a representative from the THI Project to answer your questions on Phase two of the project. Pete Sweetmore will be on the market from 9.00am – 4.00pm, hatching eggsamples of eggseptional classic pop
- One of Bacup’s long standing Easter Saturday traditions is the Britannia Coconutter’s Boundary Dance with a performance by the Coconutters in Bacup town centre around lunchtime
- Bacup Cricket Club will have:
- On Good Friday, their popular Easter Egg Hunt and Family Fun Day
- On Easter Saturday, they have an Elton John tribute act
- On Easter Sunday brings the return of The Inciders, a band the went down a storm at last years Rossendale 60’s Festival.
- Bacup Royal Court Theatre will be open on Easter Saturday from 10.00am to 2.00pm with Craft Stalls, Tours of the Theatre, Chocolate Tombola, Coffee Bar. The Britannia Coconutters will be dancing on the stage as part of their Boundary route around midday
- Central Methodist Church will be hatching lots of activities at this years Easter Festival. Christchurch, Central Methodists & Holy Trinity Stacksteads are starting their Easter early and are holding a ‘Messy Easter’ event at Central Methodist Church Bacup on Tuesday 11th April from 10.15am to 12.15pm where there will be Arts, Crafts and play followed by the easter Story and lunch for all the family
- Bacup Library will be hosting the launch of a photo exhibition by members of Bacup Camera Club starting on Easter Saturday
Check out this blog for further updates at http://www.visitrossendale.wordpress.com